Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cool, Crazy Person

Six Truly Psycho Questions answered by Nili Yelin, the Storybook Mom.

We look up to the funkiest and smartest people we know- kids! We find their irreverant, fun and completely unique take on the world truly inspiring. We feel a kinship to others who feel the same way, and would like to honor others that are cool and crazy, and have them answer our 6 Psychquestions! Get ready for some giggles from Nili Yelin, the Storybook Mom, and send us your nominations for someone you find totally cool and crazy!


1. What is the coolest thing that has ever happened to you?
"After college I worked at MTV and for my 25th birthday I got to go along on an all day interview with the band U2 and Bono let us hear the first recording of the Band Aid benefit song, "Do They Know It's Christmas" before it was released. He played it on a little tape recorder (technology of the 80's)and he told us all about having just recorded it in London. I remember he also asked me if I could see the chocolate ice cream on his dark shirt and at the end of the day he gave me a kiss goodbye! A rock star kiss...."

2. What is the craziest fashion statement you have ever made?
"I once walked all the way through O'Hare Airport in Chicago with my skirt tucked into my pantyhose. Finally a nice gentleman came up to me and let me know. So basically I showed the whole airport my underwear before it was fashionable to wear underwear on the outside."

3. What is your favorite book?
"Pippi Longstocking. I grew up with red hair and freckles and my Dad called me Pippi as a nickname. Also I admired her curiosity and daring and adventurous spirit."


4. What toy can you not live without?

"The original metal Slinky. It is very soothing to hold it and feel it slink up and down--good stress reliever. Also in a pinch it makes a good bracelet. I like toys that can serve multiple purposes--this both amuses and accessorizes..."

5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
"I would like to be able to clone myself--have multiples me. That way I could do storytime all over the world and still be home in time to carpool. I would also like to have the ability that Superman has where I could basically be a superhero and then just put on glasses and be a regular person. Also it would be great to change outfits in a phone booth if there were still any left anywhere....

6. Who is the coolest parent you know (ties between your own Mom and Dad are
totally understandable!)
"The coolest parent I know is my friend Holly because she actually cooks real dinners from scratch,including a green vegetable, and if it wasn't for her my children would never know what a home cooked meal is and her pantry is always filled with great snacks. She always asks me if I would like some tea when I come over and often she has just baked something. Sigh....."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!