Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cool, crazy Person of the Month


We are so happy to be celebrating Mother's Day (okay, we're late, but shouldn't it really be a month anyway???) with Portrait Mama Ellen Greene! Ellen graduated with a BFA in painting from the Kansas City Art Institute in 1998, and was inspired to do portraits after the birth of her second daughter. We're so glad she decided to whip a portrait up for a friend, because Ellen's style is picture-perfect, and inspired by high fashion, art and tattoos! She always paints acrylic on wood, can do custom backgrounds so your new piece will fit in any room, and can work off of your favorite image. We are thrilled to have Ellen's answers to our 6 Psycho Questions!

1. What is the coolest thing that has ever happened to you?

"Oh- it doesn't sound very cool but its the truth- having my family, two daughters- Donovan, 6, and
Ruby, 3, and my very cool husband Dave. "

2. What is the craziest fashion statement you
have ever made?

"There have been many. Pink hair- no hair-leather pants-crazy old lady dresses...But I will start
where it all began-First day of first grade. I picked out my very own outfit- a brown checkered blouse ( the 80's kind with the poofy sleeves) tucked into a pleated white polyester skirt (bought at Venture!) and red knee socks. "

3. What is your favorite book?

"I read all the time so I would have to say that my favorites change. I just finished an amazing
memoir called Jesus Land - I cried like a baby at the end! Then there are the books I love reading to my daughters like Harry Potter and the Frog and Toad books. I love reading outloud and doing different accents and voices. "

4. What toy can you not live without?

"I could live without toys- sorry toy lovers of the world. What I love is a good stick, some mud and
water to play in- I'm a hippie kid at heart."

5. If you could have a "Superpower", what would
it be?

"To save the planet. "

6. Who is the coolest parent you know (ties
between your own Mom and Dad are totally understandable!)

"Now I feel like I have to say my mom and dad! Ha
Ha! But seriously my mom is really cool- she let me be very expressive as a child and was supportive of all my crazy ways. Now she is a very cool."

To view more of Ellen's cool portraits, go to her myspace page
To contact Ellen, email her at portraitsbyellengreene@yahoo.com

posted by Kristina___________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!