Friday, September 3, 2010

I feel my temperature rising with these top picks inspired by the King of Rock 'n' Roll

Few musicians have stood the test of time the way Elvis has. Regardless of your age, his music can still get a dance floor going. One of my earliest memories of music was listening to You Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dog in the kitchen with my grandmother dancing around like crazy. It just made me feel happy.

I've played his music to my boys and it has the same effect today! Sadly, I can't say he'll replace Lady Ga Ga on their iPods, but it still makes me feel better to see them curling their lips and shaking their hips than trying to ride a disco stick! I wonder what Ed Sullivan would think of Miss Ga Ga, Katy Perry or who's the other one drinking "Jack"...oh yeah, Kesha. Yikes!

There is a terrific section on his official website Elvis.com that's dedicated to kids.
In my early twenties, on a road trip to New Orleans, I visited Graceland. I would LOVE to take my boys back and show them where real Rock 'n' Roll got it's start (no offense Justin Beiber, I do love your hair and my ten year old has perfected it).

Clockwise from the left: Rowdy Sprout Elvis tee, $39.00, Vans Big School Sneaker, $34.00, Appaman Denim Western Shirt, $47.00, Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions of Elvis Presley, $16.98



“Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.”
-Elvis in 1956, talking about his way of moving on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!