Thursday, November 12, 2015

Roasting a Turkey 101

Are you in charge this year of the annual Turkey? If so, I've got your back!

Above is a chart that was passed down to me by my grandmother years ago when I made my first bird. Yes, my turkey skills have evolved and I now brine, stuff and even have (unsuccessfully) fried my bird, but this is meant for the true first timers out there that could use some simple beginner advice!

I hope it helps! ~Marlo

P.S. All of you pros out there, share any tips you might have to help out the newbies!

Brave enough to try and brine this year? This video from Food Networks Alton Brown is pretty helpful. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!