Here at Psychobaby we obviously are commited to bringing you the coolest, craziest baby clothes (among other awesome stuff), and that is driven by our deep and unabiding love of all things ROCK AND ROLL. Being punk is going against the grain, swimming upstream, turning it up loud and wearing whatever the heck you feel like. So in the spirit of that, let us present our 10 favorite super punk rock baby names!
1. Sid (Sex Pistols)We realize this troubled musician's tale is not the happiest, but punk isn't always happy- it's raw, real, and messy. And Sid Vicious' story is as iconic as it gets in punk history. Plus, Sidney is an awesome name for little punks and punkettes alike!
2. Nancy (Sex Pistols)The lady half of punk rock's most famous love story. Romeo and Juliet, take a hike, Sid & Nancy will always be punk's reigning king and queen.
3. Joey (from the Ramones)There's a 1 in 5 chance someone in your family is named Joseph, so pretend you're naming your kiddo after them but secretly you named him after Joey Ramone and are going to raise the punkest little dude on the planet. (We maybe made up that statistic, but lots of guys are named Joseph, so it's maybe true.)
4. RamonaSo you had a little girl, that means, Joey, DeeDee, Marky & Tommy are all off the table for baby names... why not pay homage to ALL the Ramones by calling your punkette Ramona? Plus, people will think it's after Ramona Quimby, and that's not a bad thing either.
5. Johnny (Rotten)Lead singer of the Sex Pistols, this name will make Grandma & Grandpa happy while letting you nod to one of punk rock's greats. (And Johnny Cash!)
6. Henry (Black Flag)
9. SheenaDudes, Sheena is a PUNK ROCKER!!! One of the best ever Ramones songs, and therefore a great choice for a punk rock Psychobabe.
10. LondonLondon/the UK - home of some of the greatest punk bands known to man - The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Joy Division, The Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers... even the band London!
Don't forget to check out our new Punkster styles - click here for punk baby shirts, punk bibs, punk rock placemats and more!